Sunday, October 19, 2008

Warehouse Assistant Manger

The St. Bernard Project has been a really great experience so far and the whole team has been enjoying it. My role with this project is the Warehouse Assistant Manger position. I keep the warehouse looking clean and organized so I know where everything goes. I also stock the shelves when new supplies comes in, help volunteers along with site supervisors find the tools they are looking for, and put kits together that go out to the different houses. My position helps the workers get the supplies they need to get a house done, sending a message to the homeowners that the organization cares. I occasionally help answer phones or help with random projects such as spray painting hammers pink for women’s build. There are days when I am all caught up with my work in the warehouse when I help the runners deliver the supplies or go to a work site and learn how to put up sheet rock. My job can a little stressful and hectic sometimes, since I am busy running around trying to get so many tasks done at once. Overall, I really like my role with this project for I have learned a lot, including getting to see to see the business side of a non-profit organization, which is really neat. I can not wait to see what is ahead for the last two and a half weeks that we are here; I know its going to be fun!

Now for Earth One team news, for the last two and half weeks of our fourth round project we are getting a new teammate from Water One, which is another team from the Denver campus. Earth one excitedly welcomes Andy to the team, so “Welcome to Earth One Andy!” So stay tuned to see how the last two and half weeks ago with another member.

~ Paige

No comments:

 
Brought to you by AmeriCorps NCCC, a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Website powered by Blogger.