Thursday, November 13, 2008

One Experience Worth a Thousand Words

We're back in Denver now. It's been cool, crisp and sunny. The mountains are beautiful. I missed fall. It never really felt like autumn in Louisiana. It was always too warm. But here the leaves are off the trees, there's cider and pumpkin pie in the grocerie store and the weather is perfect! We went hiking up into the foothills of the Rockies yesterday. It was gorgous.

As great as it is to be back I definately miss St. Bernard. People keep asking me how my last round was. I don't know how it sum it up. We did so much awesome stuff and met so many great people I can't begin to explain. I tell them about how rewarding the work was and how fun the people are. I tell them about some of the awesome things we did and how it was great to be part of such a loving, caring, hardworking community. I tell them about my homeowner, Harrold Wheat and about Taco Tuesdays and Camp Hope. But often I feel like words don't quite do it. Hearing about Taco Tuesdays isn't the same as being there. Seeing pictures of a finished house isn't the same as finishing a house. So in the end I recomend that everyone experiences the joy of volunteering and the closeness of St. Bernard.

No comments:

 
Brought to you by AmeriCorps NCCC, a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Website powered by Blogger.