Thursday, February 28, 2008

Meet the Oneders! (cont.)

Katie



I am 21 and am from San Francisco, California. I just graduated from UC Berkeley this past December with a BS in Integrative Biology. Being in the public education system all my life, America has given me a great deal, and AmeriCorps NCCC stood out to me as the perfect way to give back a little bit. I am so excited to be in the position to be able to lend a hand where it is asked for, and to be able to do so with so many motivated and diverse people by my side. I have no doubt that this is going to be a rewarding and challenging life-changing experience.

Kate



I’m from the Capital District of New York, and I went to the State University of New York for Environmental Science and Forestry. I found out about AmeriCorps NCCC through a college fair, where I learned about the wonderful things I could accomplish through being in the program. Due to my passion for the community and environment, I joined. After NCCC, I plan on continuing my education to help the environment. In my spare time, I enjoy hanging out with friends, especially dancing.

Amanda



My name is Amanda. I am 22 and a recent graduate from Elan University. I am originally from North Carolina and have been assigned to central campus in Denver, Colorado. AmeriCorps NCCC is giving me the opportunity to serve our country and aid those communities that request assistance. AmeriCorps NCCC also provides a unique experience for personal growth, travel, and interaction with other young adults.

Paige



Hi, my name is Paige, and I’m from Massachusetts. I went to school at Old Rochester Regional High School and then to Mitchell College. I am very excited to be a part of AmeriCorps NCCC, because I like to make a difference in the lives of others. I hope to gain new skills and more self confidence from this experience.

(continue...)

No comments:

 
Brought to you by AmeriCorps NCCC, a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Website powered by Blogger.